Business insurance for Mechanics*
If you are a self-employed mobile mechanic, or own a mechanical workshop, and you are looking for affordable and suitable public liability insurance costs and quotes for your business activities you may have come to the SMART place.
Whether you conduct your mechanic work activities from a workshop located in a factory , or warehouse or you are a mobile mechanic we may be able to assist with your public liability and business insurance.
What insurance do mechanics need?*
Business Insurance Cover options for mechanics include:
- Public Liability Insurance - mechanical workshops can be dangerous ; this cover can protect you from damages arising from to any harm incurred by customers and suppliers visiting your workshop
- Commercial property insurance - cover the loss or damage to buildings, and property
- Business Equipment - mechanical equipment can be expensive ; insurance can protect you from theft and damage
- Stock -cover for your stock of parts and lubricants
- Commercial vehicle insurance if you use vehicles for commercial purposes
- Racking, Fixtures and Fittings - cover for purpose built Racking, Fixtures and Fittings
- Business Interruption – if you can’t trade may cover the loss of sales, less the expenses not incurred, plus the increased cost of working.
- Fire and Perils - if your premises burns down or suffers a fire
- Forklifts & Cranes - protection for forklifts and cranes
- General Property - can cover damage or loss to and business equipment such as computer, office furniture, mobiles and tools
- Equipment Breakdown -cover if your equipment breaks down
- Customer vehicles - an important cover for mechanics for vehicles left overnight
- Driving risk extension – another important cover for mechanics when driving client vehicles
- Personal Accident Insurance -to protect your personal income if you can't work for an extended period.
- Cyber insurance - against claims for customer data and privacy breaches
When you are looking for suitable public liability and business insurance for your mechanical business activities you may want to consider if your workshop or mobile van is adequately insured so that your business is able to resume from where it left off before the incident.
That means being able to rebuild and replace the buildings and contents or mobile service van at today's prices quickly.
With mechanical workshops, recent OH&S legislation requires that new plant fixtures and equipment need to be taken into account.
Smart Broker PRO Tip: It is important to note when providing information on insured values that premium savings for a partially insured workshop or service van won't make a great contribution to covering any shortfalls if you are underinsured.
Not sure how much cover you need for your mechanic business activities ? In some instances many of the above covers can be combined in the one business insurance pack policy.
Call 1300 542 573 to talk to a friendly SMART business insurance broker who may be able to assist you in finding suitable cover at an affordable cost.
How much does insurance cost for mechanics?*
- a self-employed mobile mechanic?
- a mechanical workshop
Depending on the scope of your mechanical work, the mobile mechanic service van or factory age, size, level of fit out, the type and value of your equipment, whether you have sprinklers, the level of security, what is being stored, the type of repair, assembly or manufacturing that is being conducted certain insurance companies may offer better terms.
Insurance Costs and Quotes for Mechanics
If you want more information for your mechanic insurance requirements, including what business interruption insurance and public liability can cover, TALK to a SMART Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 or email us at email@example.com for SMART insurance cover for your mechanical work activities.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST
*Important: Cover may be available subject to meeting insurers underwriting criteria. Some of the covers listed may or may not be available or may have limitations or exclusions. Cover inclusions vary significantly from insurer to insurer. DO NOT rely upon the above. Check your policy schedule carefully for inclusions and exclusions and limitations. Talk to a SMART insurance broker on 1300 542 573 for more information.