Landscaping contractors business insurance
If you are a landscaping contractor looking for insurance you may have to the SMART place.
Whether you landscape new gardens by planting flowers, grass , shrubs and bushes or maintain existing gardens by raking, mowing , trimming , digging and mulching our team of SMART business insurance brokers may able to assist with landscaping contractors insurance cover that is affordable and suitable for your business activities.
Why do landscaping contractors need business insurance ?
Landscaping contractors face a number of risks for the work they perform and the products they supply. Landscaping contractors can be held liable for the services they provide that may cause financial loss to a third party.
The various risks a landscaping contractor is exposed to from their landscaping business include:
- Damage to someone else's property from your landscaping work activities
- damage or loss/theft of your property such as tools
- harm to yourself, an employee, sub contactor or someone else, slips and falls, tools, materials, fire and liability hazards on site.
SMART Business Insurance can help you work through the complexity of business insurance by providing general advice regarding similar landscaping contractors and by securing you a suitable policy at an affordable price.
Types of insurance cover for landscaping contractors to consider :
- Public liability insurance – may protect you against claims from harm to other people or their property caused from your landscaping activities ; work at site including unauthorized
- Product liability - may protect a landscaping contractor when products you have supplied, repaired or manufactured cause harm, injure someone or cause property damage.
- General property insurance – may cover damage or loss to and business equipment such as tools, mobiles , computers , power equipment , or stock such as pavers.
- Business insurance pack – you may be able to combine multiple covers in a specially designed policy for a landscaping business. Ask your SMART broker for details.
- Marine cargo – cover if you receive or send goods such as building materials via post or freight.
- Commercial motor – may cover any vehicle - car, van, light truck - that you own and use mainly for business
- Personal Accident and Sickness – to protect your personal income if you can't work for an extended period.
Trying to work out what insurance your landscaping contracting business needs?
We may be able to assist.
Wherever you are in Australia when you contact SMART business insurance, your friendly business insurance broker may be able to help answer your questions and find you suitable and affordable insurance for your landscaping contracting business.
Pro insurance tip for landscaping contractors:
Disclose ALL of your landscaping contracting business activities ;no matter how infrequently you perform that type of work. Some types of work undertaken by landscaping contractors are a lot risker than others, and insurance policies are priced according to risk. Failure to disclose any type of work you perform means you will not be covered if an incident occurs while undertaking any undisclosed type of work activity.
How much does landscaping contractors insurance cost?
So, how much will landscaping contractors insurance cost you?
The core insurance for landscaping contractors in Australia is public liability insurance.
Please note : pricing may vary significantly from the above based on your size, number of employees, projects, experience, claims history, and landscaping contractor business activities.
For a business and public liability insurance cost for your landscaping contracting business TALK to a SMART Business Insurance broker on 1300 542 573.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST
*Important: Cover may be available subject to meeting insurers underwriting criteria. Some of the covers listed may or may not be available or may have limitations or exclusions. Cover inclusions vary significantly from insurer to insurer. DO NOT rely upon the above. Check your policy schedule carefully for inclusions and exclusions and limitations .Talk to a SMART insurance broker on 1300 542 573 for more information.