Insurance for freelancers
If you are a freelancer you have come to the SMART place to receive a competitive quote on suitable cover for your business activities.
Our SMART team of brokers are specialists in small business insurance ,including sourcing suitable cover for a wide variety of freelancers.
What are the main insurances required for freelancers?
- Professional indemnity - for freelancers that are professionals giving advice or providing online services professional indemnity insurance can help pay damages suffered by a client based upon your advice or negligence. It may also cover legal bills for ambient claims against you when you have done nothing wrong.
- Public Liability - public liability is a core business insurance cover – its required for all types of businesses big and small- including freelancers. It covers bodily injuries and property damage resulting from products or services your company provides, as well as any accidents that occur on your property – it can be as simple as someone tripping over loose cables in your office or over your equipment at a client's office.
- Accident and Sickness – Work health insurance for freelancers, sole traders, self-employed and contractors– its essential.
If you are a freelancer and unable to work for a sustained period of time work health insurance – known as personal accident and sickness - can sustain you during your recovery.
Under qualifying criteria this can cover a high proportion of your income.
- General Property – eg: loss of tools, electronic, business, computer equipment.
- Business Interruption - to protect against loss of business income.
Types of freelancers we may be able to source cover for :
- Administrative Assistants
- Advertising – creative, graphic designer, sales, project manager
- Animator and Illustrator
- Audio Producer
- Business Planner
- Career Counseller
- Computer Networking, programmer, technician, trainer
- Employee Recruitment – Employment Agency
- Engineering – Civil
- Event Planning
- Event Promotion
- Fashion Design
- Financial Planning
- Graphic Design
- Home Cleaning
- Home Maintenance
- Illustration – Cartoons/Comic Strips
- Interior Design
- Internet / Web Marketing
- Landscaping / Gardening
- Law – Business
- Management Consulting
- Marketing Consultant
- Medicine – General Consulting
- Medicine – Holistic
- Personal Shopper
- Photography – Fashion
- PowerPoint Presentation Design
- Project Management
- Public Relations Consultant
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
- Tax Planning
- Travel Planning / Travel Agent
- Video Production – Weddings
- Virtual Assistant
- Web Design
- Web Programming
- Online strategy
- Graphic design
- Website design
- Website Hosting
- Data services
- Email marketing
- Online promotions and competitions
- Search engine optimisation - seo
- Pay for click – ppc
- Mobile marketing
- Social media
- Content marketing
- Display advertising
- Local search marketing
- Digital agencies
- Digital marketing
- Integrated agencies
- Website management
- Software development
- App development
- Agile development
Specialist business insurance for freelancers
Our business insurance brokers are specialists in freelancers. They can source suitable business insurance packages (biz pack) to suit the needs of freelancers that are self employed, sole traders or contractors.
Depending on the nature of the freelance service our brokers know which insurance companies and underwriters are likely to provide suitable cover and competitive prices.
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 or email us at email@example.com for SMART insurance cover for your freelancing businesses.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST