SMART General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance, also known as public liability insurance in Australia, is the core insurance for most small business owners, self-employed contractors and sole traders.
For a relatively low cost General Liability insurance can protect a small business owner, self employed contractor and sole trader against a lot of types of significant claims and damages.
Who needs general liability insurance
Not sure if you need general liability insurance ? For more information on whether you need general liability insurance, please call us at 1300 542 573 to talk to a business insurance specialist.
What is covered under General Liability Insurance ?
General Liability Insurance may cover the legal liability of a business to compensate the damages made to the general public on account of injury, death, damage to property and possessions due to business negligence.
This may include:
- Third-party injury damages (including slip-and-fall)
- Third-party property damages
- Product liability damages
For more information on general liability insurance and what it covers, please contact us. Call us at 1300 542 573 to talk to a business insurance specialist.
How much does Public Liability insurance cost?
The cost of general liability insurance for your business depends on a number of key factors including:
- The nature and scope of your business
- Your business turnover and size
- Amount of insurance cover your business needs
Please note: While cheap General Liability Insurance can seem attractive on the surface it is important to ensure the policy covers you for the business activities you undertake and the insurance policy and company will respond as intended when there is a claim.
Call us on 1300 542 573 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and our friendly insurance brokers may be able to obtain a quote for a suitable and affordable general liability policy that covers your business activities on your behalf.
Compare general liability quotes and terms
You can compare terms and obtain multiple general liability quotes by contacting us on
1300 542 573 or via email at email@example.com.
When comparing General Liability Insurance there is a lot to consider!
Some of the most important things to consider when you are after a General Liability policy to protect you for business activities:
- Have you been rated correctly based on your business activities? Will the policy cover you for your business activities?
- What is the support you will receive if you need to claim?
- If you need to claim will you be dealing directly with an insurance company, the insurance company agent or will you have a broker to represent your interests?
- What are inclusions and exclusions of your General Liability policy?
- What are the excesses, sub-limits and deductibles within your General Liability policy?
There is a lot to consider when comparing General Liability policies. Want some help? Please call us at 1300 542 573 to talk to a friendly business insurance specialist.
General Liability Insurance Broker
As a specialist small business insurance broker we source competitive general liability quotes for business owners every working day.
As an insurance broker we act for your business, NOT the insurance company.
General Liability Sum Insured
A key factor that determines the price of general liability insurance is the amount of cover, or sum insured.
Typically general liability cover is available in either $5million, $10million and $20million.
The first two factors:
- The nature of the business, and the size of business, often determine the amount of cover ($) your business will need.
- The general rule of thumb is the greater the risks and/or the larger the business, the larger ($) sum insured.
Not sure if you need $5million, $10million or $20million cover. Based on your industry and company size, our friendly insurance brokers may be able to help by providing guidance in relation to industry benchmarks for your size business.
For more information on general liability insurance sums insured please contact us. Call us at 1300 542 573 to talk to a business insurance specialist.
General Liability Monthly Cost
General liability insurance policies can be paid monthly.
With general liability policies for some office based occupations monthly general liability premiums start from approximately only $35 per month on an annual premium.
With general liability policies of some trade based occupations for self-employed sub-contractors general liability premiums start from approximately only $45 per month on an annual premium.
Contact a SMART business insurance broker for an affordable annual general liability insurance cost you can pay monthly.