Family Day Care Insurance
Are you a child care educator, aged care worker, nannie or babysitter looking for business or public liability insurance?
If you are, you may have come to the SMART place to get suitable and affordable cover as we help self-employed workers and small businesses, including contractors in community based occupations, find appropriate and competitive cover every working day.
While every community based business activity is slightly different, our team of friendly insurance brokers specialise in small business insurance and may be able to help make a complex and risky process easy and affordable for you.
Types of community based businesses we may be able to assist with insurance:
Below are some of the family day care related businesses we may be able to assist with business insurance cover including public liability:
- Child care educators & providers
- Aged care providers/workers
- Home based care
- In home care
- Child minding
Your occupation or industry NOT listed above?
A specialist small business broker may still be able to assist you.
Talk your SMART business insurance broker on 1300 542 573 for more information about suitable covers for your home business activities.
1300 542 573
Types of insurance cover for family day care providers to consider :
- Public liability insurance – may protect you if someone in your care is harmed or you cause damage to property.
- General property insurance – can cover damage or loss to and business equipment such as computer, office furniture, mobiles , tools or stock.
- Business insurance pack – you may be able to combine multiple covers in a specially designed policy for small business. Ask your SMART broker for details.
- Professional indemnity – if you have breached your professional duty of care
- Commercial motor – if you use vehicles for commercial purposes
- Income Protection – to protect your personal income if you can't work for an extended period
- Life Insurance – to protect your family
Trying to work out what insurance your home business needs?
We may be able to assist.
Wherever you are in Australia when you contact SMART business insurance, your friendly business insurance broker may be able to help answer your questions and find you suitable and affordable insurance for your home based business.
How much does family day care insurance cost?
The cost of family day care insurance depends on a number of key factors including:
- The nature and scope of your family day care activities. For example, cost for nannies may vary to the cost of aged care workers.
- Your turnover ; and whether you are a sole trader or business with employees.Cover for sole traders will typically be less than that for family day care businesses with employees.
- Amount of insurance cover you need. $5million , $10 million and $20 million public liability cover are the typical amounts for family day care insurance.
- The number of different types of cover you need. For example public liability only will typically be less than public liability and professional indemnity insurance.
Please note: While cheap Family Day Care Insurance can seem attractive on the surface it is important to ensure the policy covers you for the business activities you undertake and the insurance policy and company will respond as intended when there is a claim.
Family Day Care Public Liability and Business Insurance quotes
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 or email us at email@example.com for suitable and affordable insurance quotes for your family day care business activities.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST