Are you an entertainer or in the entertainment industry and looking for suitable public liability insurance?
Public Liability insurance is a core cover for all Australian businesses - including for entertainers and event organisers in the entertainment industry - to cover you against damage to a third person or their property. Slips and trips caused by you may be covered under public liability insurance.*
If you are an entertainer, or in the entertainment industry, looking for affordable and suitable business and public liability insurance you may have come to the SMART place. Simply call 1300 542 573 or contact us online for more information and quotes.
What insurance do you need if you an entertainer or in the entertainment business?*
In addition to public liability insurance there are several cover options for entertainers and those in the entertainment industry to consider. They are listed below.
- General Property – eg: loss of laptops, computer equipment.
- Equipment Insurance – eg .loss or damage to equipment, props, games and lighting
- Commercial vehicle - eg for entertainers work vehicles
- Personal accident - eg. If you injure yourself and you are no longer able to work as an entertainer for a period
Call 1300 542 573 to talk to a friendly SMART business insurance broker who may be able to assist you in finding suitable cover at an affordable cost for your entertainment business activities.
Who needs entertainment public liability insurance ?*
All entertainers and entertainment industry event organisers operating as a business require public liability insurance. Below are just some of the entertainers, events, event managers and entertainment industry roles we may be able to assist find suitable and affordable cover.
- Actors (excluding named performers)
- Costume characters
- Dance groups
- Fire eaters
- Face painters
- Karaoke Operators
- Music bands from two to 12
- Mobile DJ’s
- Performing groups,
- Street theatre performers
- Event Promoters & Organisers
- Event Managers & Coordinators
- Event Crewing Companies
- Events including : One day events, Multi-day events, Fun runs, Charity walks, Fundraisers, PR & media events, Trade shows, Cultural events/Small Festivals, Small car shows
- Market Organisers & Coordinators
- Sound & Lighting Operators / Audio Visual Production Companies
- Stage Managers
(Unfortunately at the moment we are unable to assist in finding cover for the following types of events:
- Major music festivals
- Events that involve overnight accommodation or camping)
What other covers may be available in the entertainment industry?*
- Voluntary workers cover
- Event cancellation
How much does public liability insurance cost for an entertainer?
Depending on a number of factors such as your turnover, the nature of your entertainment, whether you operate whether you are a sole trader or employ a team, your experience, the value of your equipment, and your claims history certain insurance companies may offer better terms.
Our specialist brokers will obtain costs and quotes on a suitable entertainment public liability insurance policy.
If you want more information for your entertainment business insurance requirements, including what public liability insurance can cover and cost, TALK to a SMART Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 or contact us online.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
*Important: Cover may be available subject to meeting insurers underwriting criteria. Some of the covers listed may or may not be available or may have limitations or exclusions. Cover inclusions vary significantly from insurer to insurer. DO NOT rely upon the above. Check your policy schedule carefully for inclusions and exclusions and limitations. Talk to a SMART insurance broker on 1300 542 573 for more information