Business Insurance for Disc Jockeys – DJs – Mobile DJs
"These days DJs like Calvin Harris can rake in over $US200,000 in a night"
This statement appeared in www.businessinsider.com.au way back in 2014.
While that sort of pay day is the stuff dreams are made of being a DJ or Mobile DJ is a lucrative small business for many Australian Disc Jockeys.
As the job of a DJ entertains a crowd that is often "partying" your everyday work presents a number of risks.
While your DJ business equipment is worth protecting it is vital that you also consider that you may be held responsible for accidents that happen in the crowd.
Whether you are a DJ working as a sole trader or contractor, its important you get suitable and affordable DJ insurance to protect yourself and your business from potential claims that may arise from your work activities.
Often a venue will only hire a DJ that has suitable public liability cover.
Business risks for a DJ – Disc Jockey – Mobile DJ
The various risks a DJ is exposed to from their Disc Jockey business include:
- Damage to someone else's property while you are providing you DJ entertainment services
- Damage or loss/theft of your property such as your DJ equipment
- Harm to yourself, a crowd member, employee, sub-contractor or someone else, due slips and falls, pushing and shoving, or other hazards at the venue.
Types of insurance cover for Disc Jockey – DJ- business owners to consider :
- Public Liability Insurance – may protect you against claims from harm to other people or their property caused from your DJ activities.
- Product liability - may protect a DJ when products you have supplied that may cause harm, injure someone or cause property damage.
- DJ equipment insurance – may cover damage or loss to and business equipment such as DJ equipment ; electronic equipment or vinyl records.
- Business Insurance Pack – you may be able to combine multiple covers in a specially designed policy for a DJ small business. Ask your SMART broker for details.
- Workers compensation – cover for employees. Employees may receive injuries due to crowds and venues.
- Commercial motor –may cover any vehicle - car, van , light truck - that you own and use mainly for your DJ business.
- Personal Accident and Sickness – to protect your personal income if you can't work for an extended period.
Trying to work out what insurance your DJ business needs?
We may be able to assist.
Wherever you are in Australia when you contact SMART business insurance, your friendly business insurance broker may be able to help answer your questions and find you suitable and affordable insurance for your DJ business.
DJ Insurance Broker quotes
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 or email us at email@example.com for suitable and affordable insurance quotes for your Disc Jockey - DJ business.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST