Looking for a commercial liability insurance policy for your small business?
If you operate a small business and are looking for a commercial liability insurance policy, including cover for property damage , you may have come to the SMART place.
Our friendly team of insurance brokers may be able to help you find a suitable commercial liability insurance policy for your small business activities at an affordable cost.
What types of commercial liability insurance policies should small business owners to consider?*
There are a number of commercial liability insurance covers; starting with general and public liability, that small business owners should consider obtaining. Below are some of the different covers.
- Public liability insurance – may protect you against claims from harm or damage to other people or their property caused from your work activities ; work at site including unauthorized access, attractive nuisance, liability for sub-contractors, vicarious liability for sub-contractors.
- General liability insurance - General Liability Insurance, also known as public liability insurance in Australia, is the core insurance for most small business owners, self-employed contractors and sole traders.
- Product liability - may protect you when products you have supplied, repaired or manufactured cause harm, injure someone or cause property damage.
- Commercial property - damage to commercial premises ; may cover for property damage ; glass cover is an option
- Professional indemnity - generally for businesses providing advice for a fee
- General property insurance – may cover damage or loss to a small business owners equipment such as tools, mobiles, computers and devices.
- Business insurance pack – you may be able to combine covers in a specially designed policy for a small business. Ask your SMART broker for details.
- Marine cargo – cover if you receive or send goods such as building materials via post or freight.
- Commercial motor – may cover any vehicle - car, van , light truck - that you own and use mainly for your business.
- Cyber Insurance - can help cover financial losses following a cyber security breach.
Trying to work out what commercial liability insurance policies your small business needs?
Talk to a SMART business insurance specialist on 1300 542 573 for a commercial liability quote TODAY.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST
How can small businesses compare commercial liability insurance quotes and policies?
When comparing Commercial Liability Insurance quotes and policies for your small business activities there is a lot to consider!
Some of the most important things to consider when you are after a Commercial Liability policy to protect your small business:
- Have you been rated correctly based on your business activities? Will the policy cover you for your business activities?
- What is the support you will receive if you need to claim?
- If you need to claim will you be dealing directly with an insurance company, the insurance company agent or will you have a broker to represent your interests?
- What are inclusions and exclusions of your Commercial polices, including your Public Liability policy?
- What are the excesses, sub-limits and deductibles within Commercial polices, including your Public Liability policy?
There is a lot to consider when comparing Commercial Liability insurance quotes and policies. Want some help? Please call us at 1300 542 573 to talk to a friendly business insurance broker.
Looking for a Commercial Liability Insurance Broker?
If you are looking for a commercial liability insurance broker for your small business our team of friendly brokers are here to help.
As a specialist commercial insurance broker, we source affordable quotes on suitable commercial liability policies, for Australian business owners every working day.
As a commercial insurance broker we act for your business, NOT the insurance company.
How much does commercial liability insurance cost?
So, how much will commercial liability insurance cost your small business?
The core cover for all small business owners is general or public liability insurance .
Professional small business owners, such as consultants , web designers , software developers and photographers typically will require at least combined professional indemnity and public liability cover.
As an example : Web developer business insurance cost: from $580 for $1 million professional indemnity PLUS $5 million public liability insurance.
As insurance policies are priced according to risk each different trade is “rated” as a unique occupation by the insurers and will attract its own cost.
Please note: While cheap Commercial cover, including for Public Liability Insurance, can seem attractive on the surface it is important to ensure the policy covers you for the business activities you undertake and the insurance policy and company will respond as intended when there is a claim.
Call us on 1300 542 573 or email email@example.com and our friendly insurance brokers may be able to obtain a quote for a suitable and affordable commercial insurance policies that covers your business activities on your behalf.