What is commercial landlord insurance?*
The purpose of commercial landlord insurance is to help the owner of a commercial property, that is rented or leased out to another business, protect their investment property.
Commercial landlord insurance may be able to protect a range of different types of tenanted commercial property including:
What is covered by landlord insurance?*
Commercial landlord insurance may cover:
- The building space or commercial property you own and rent out
- Public liability – harm to a third party and /or legal fees to form a defence
- Loss of rent as a result of damage to your property
- Theft & Burglary
- Machinery Breakdown
Both accidental and intended damage may be covered by a suitable commercial landlord insurance policy.
SMART business insurance broker commercial landlord tip:
Every commercial landlord insurance policy is different. For example, not all polices automatically include some of the above covers. So, if you are a commercial property owner, you rent your commercial space and you want to cover for the loss of rent and machinery breakdown please check carefully that any covers you need are included. Also check if the limits of cover , excesses and exclusions are suitable for your needs.
Trying to work out what commercial landlord insurance you need?
We may be able to assist.
Wherever you are in Australia when you contact SMART business insurance, your friendly business insurance broker may be able to help answer your questions and find you suitable and affordable insurance for your commercial investment property.
What are the policy requirements to insure commercial building and property for landlords?*
Is your current commercial landlord insurance policy insurance for your needs?
Here are few simple, yet important considerations and policy requirements to check if your commercial landlord insurance policy is suitable for your needs.
- Check for exclusions: Are there any exclusions in your policy that will result in a potential claim being denied? Check your policy and/or contact you SMART business insurance broker.
- Are your sums insured enough? The cost of construction and fit outs has increased significantly in recent years. Are your sums insured enough in today’s market?
- Are your policy details correct? Sounds simple. Sometimes too simple. You may be surprised how many polices are not updated to reflect current details such as rental income or value of fitouts.
Commercial Landlord Insurance quotes
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 or email us at email@example.com for suitable and affordable insurance quotes for your commercial investment property.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST
*Important: Cover may be available subject to meeting insurers underwriting criteria. Some of the covers listed may or may not be available or may have limitations or exclusions. Cover inclusions vary significantly from insurer to insurer. DO NOT rely upon the above. Check your policy schedule carefully for inclusions and exclusions and limitations. Talk to a SMART business insurance broker on 1300 542 573 for more information.