The cost of business owners insurance depends on a number of factors including the level of coverage you require, the number and type of policies you take, the sum insured, sub limits, and claims history in your industry. These "rating" factors will be reflected in your business owners insurance quotes.
What is Liability Insurance for small business owners?*
If you own and operate a small business in Australia, and are and are looking for suitable and affordable liability cover you may have come to the SMART place.
There are a number of relevant liability insurance covers for small business owners the team of friendly SMART business insurance brokers may be able to help you find suitable cover and affordable quotes for :
- Public liability : public liability is a core cover for business insurance owners – its required for all types of businesses to cover you against damage to a third person or their property.
- Product liability - For protection against damages caused by your business products.
What other insurance covers may a small business owner need?*
Below are just some of the other types of protection that business owners in Australia can consider to provide cover for their business risks.
- Equipment and other contents – eg: loss of computer equipment.
- Business Interruption - to protect against loss of income in your business.
- Commercial vehicle insurance Insurance for your work vehicles.
- Cyber insurance Protects you and your business where damages involve internet or customer data.
- Management liability insurance For claims arising from employee relations, OH & S and discrimination.
- Commercial Property Insurance - for businesses owners that operate from commercial property
- Health insurance for small business owners: Self-employed and sole trader small business owners are responsible for their own health insurance. Not being able to work because of accident or sickness, may mean that you are not earning any income. To help pay the bills when you are unable to work you should strongly consider personal accident and sickness insurance.
- Professional Indemnity - for small business owners who provide advice for a fee professional indemnity insurance can help pay damages suffered by a client based upon your services, advice or negligence. It may also cover legal bills for ambient claims against you when you have done nothing wrong.
- Workers Compensation Insurance - for business owners with employees.
Call us on 1300 542 573 for more information.
For further reading on insurance covers for new business click here.
Ultimately its up to each small business owner to decide what cover you need and what cover you can afford. Where you are located ( home or office ), number of staff (sole trader or business with employees ) and type of clients ( direct, large or small, agencies) are some of the factors that will influence your cover choices. The team at SMART Business Insurance brokers can assist in answering any of your coverage questions and help your find suitable and affordable insurance for your business activities. We are here to help. Call us on 1300 542 573.
Business Owners insurance quote and cost
Whether you are looking for cover for your health or liability risks, your enquiries and quote requests for business owners insurance will be handled quickly, efficiently and cost effectively.
At SMART we aim to treat each of business owner with a friendly and personal touch. Monthly payments are available.
Depending on the nature of the business services and products; the clients you work for different insurance companies and underwriters are likely to provide suitable cover and competitive prices.
For an affordable quote on suitable business owners insurance TALK to a SMART Business Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 or email us at email@example.com.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
*Important: Cover may be available subject to meeting insurers underwriting criteria. Some of the covers listed may or may not be available or may have limitations or exclusions. Cover inclusions vary significantly from insurer to insurer. DO NOT rely upon the above. Check your policy schedule carefully for inclusions and exclusions and limitations. Talk to a SMART business insurance broker on 1300 542 573 for more information.