What type of risks are covered under insurance for boiler makers, fitter and turners?*
If your work involves any of the following activities you have come to the SMART place for business insurance; including public liability.
At SMART we can't help you with the cutting, shaping, joining, fusing, grinding, soldering or metal shaping but we CAN help you with public liability and business insurance cover for your boiler making & fitter and turner business activities.
What are some of the types of business insurance cover you should consider for your boiler making & fitter and turner activities?
Public Liability insurance for boiler makers and fitters and turners*
Public liability is arguably the most essential insurance that any boiler maker can have. It is a smart way of protecting yourself and your business.
For a fitter and turner or boiler maker , given the hazardous nature of the work, there are a number of things that can go wrong. Backing your skills as a boilermaker or fitter and turner , you may think you will not make a mistake and don't really require a cover. But, irrespective of how professional and skilful you are or how much care you take while working, mistakes and accidents do happen.
Sometimes, an error can cause damage worth a few hundred dollars but if something serious happens and you don't have public liability insurance, it can destroy both your business and personal assets.
What type of insurance are required for Boilermakers, fitter and turners?*
- Public Liability - may protect a boilermaker when products you have supplied, repaired or manufactured cause harm, injure someone or cause property damage. eg: someone gets burnt by hot sparks, trips over debris, materials or tools on the floor or you accidently damage a client's or their neighbours property.
- General property insurance – may cover damage or loss to and business equipment such as tools, mobiles , computers , welding equipment , or stock such as steel.
- Business insurance pack – you may be able to combine multiple covers in a specially designed policy for a small fitter and turner/boiler making business. Ask your SMART broker for details.
- Marine cargo – cover if you receive or send goods such as a shipment of steel.
- Professional Indemnity – if you provide professional advice or a fee.
- Commercial motor – may cover any vehicle - car, van , light truck - that you own and use mainly for business.
- Personal Accident and Sickness - to protect your personal income if you can't work for an extended period.
- Tool Insurance - Good welding tools are expensive. Consider insuring them.
Trying to work out what insurance your boiler making business needs?
Sometimes a sole trader or contractor boiler maker may choose only a single or two insurance product.
Small boiler maker and fitter and turner businesses may need a combination of one or more insurance policies.
We may be able to assist.
Wherever you are in Australia when you contact SMART business insurance, your friendly business insurance broker may be able to help answer your questions and find you suitable and affordable insurance for your boiler maker business.
Boiler makers & fitter and turners insurance quotes
Our business insurance brokers are specialists in tradespeople, including boilermakers and fitter and turners . They can source suitable business insurance packages (biz pack) to suit the needs of sole traders,contractors and small, medium and fitting and turning businesses.
Depending on the size and nature of the fitter and turning or boiler making service, our brokers often know which insurance companies and underwriters may be likely to provide suitable cover at affordable prices.
How much does liability insurance cost for boilermakers?
So, how much will boilermakers insurance cost you?
The core cover for self-employed boilermakers in Australia is public liability.
Public Liability Insurance cost for boilermakers TV acting as a self-employed contractor starts from $1100 for $5 million cover.
Your enquiries will be handled quickly, efficiently and cost effectively.
Please note: While cheap Public Liability cover can seem attractive on the surface it is important to ensure the policy covers you for the full business activities you undertake and the policy and company will respond as intended when there is a claim.
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 to discuss boilermaker business insurance cover TODAY.
*Important: Cover may be available subject to meeting insurers underwriting criteria. Some of the covers listed may or may not be available or may have limitations or exclusions. Cover inclusions vary significantly from insurer to insurer. DO NOT rely upon the above. Check your policy schedule carefully for inclusions and exclusions and limitations. Talk to a SMART business insurance broker on 1300 542 573 for more information.