Contractors Insurance for Asbestos Removalists
If you are a self-employed contractor involved in removing, handling or the demolition of asbestos looking for affordable and suitable business and liability insurance coverage you may have come to the SMART place for a quote.
Removing asbestos for a living is a high risk trade. As an asbestos removalist you may remove and dispose asbestos from a range of domestic and commercial situations including roofs, walls and eaves, flat sheets, factories, offices, schools, shops, sheds, garages, ceilings, cladding, pipes, bathrooms , kitchens, floor shoots and many other situations.
While you take all necessary precautions the nature of asbestos removal means that if anything goes wrong you may be exposed to serious financial damages.
While different forms of asbestos material pose different level of risk when you disturb or remove asbestos even bonded asbestos sheets can break. Non friable asbestos can become friable. You or members of the public can be exposed . This in addition to the "normal " risks to injuries or 3rd party damages faced by tradies on-site.
Risks faced by Asbestos Removalist contractors
Sole traders, contractors and businesses operating as asbestos removalists face the risk that the asbestos they are removing may cause damage to property and public, plus damage to surrounding property. Goods in transit, slips, trips and falls, are also risks for asbestos removalists.
Business insurance policies for Asbestos Removalists
To protect you against insurable risks SMART may be able to provide you with a competitive quote on suitable business insurance for asbestos removalists.
Public Liability Insurance:
Public liability insurance will be needed for:
- The risks of materials asbestos being removed causing illness or injury to people or property
- Unauthorized access, attractive nuisance
- Liability to sub-contractors, vicarious liability for subcontractors
- Damage to customer and other third party property
- Third party injuries from tools, equipment and materials and
Products Liability Insurance
Products liability insurance will be needed for:
- Not following specifications or building codes/specific Australian standards
- Defective installation work
- Completed operations exposure
Personal Accident Insurance
Personal accident for sole traders
- Strenuous work conditions including lifting heavy objects, standing for long hours, risk of working at heights, stooping and kneeling.
- Risk of injury from falls and slips. Injuries due to cuts and burns. Injuries from moving parts of machines and vehicles on-site. Risk of electrocution and other accidents.
- Breakdown and theft of machines and tools used on the main premises or taken to various sites.
- Essential cover for mobile machinery.
Trailer insurance, commercial motor, van insurance, and ute insurance should also be strongly considered.
Asbestos removalist contractors insurance quotes
For an affordable quote on suitable insurance cover for your asbestos removalist activities TALK to a SMART Business Insurance broker about the scope of your business activities on
1300 542 573 or email us at email@example.com.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST